Mobile modular substations of 20/10(6) kV are a transformer substation, consisting of two and more modules, the composition of which includes separate mobile platforms, ensuring its mobility.
MMS are used to handle the following tasks:
- use as a main step-down or step-up distribution substation, including for electrical power consumers located in places where the construction of stationary substations is not cost-effective;
- back-up of the primary equipment of the stationary substation in case of emergency power cutoffs;
- intermittent connection to the power grid of objects under construction in case of absence of electric power supply during the construction period;
- intermittent connection of consumers to the electrical power grid for the period of reconstruction of the existing stationary substation;
- load shedding of electrical power grids during peak busy hours.
MMS distinguishing features
- MMS is a product of maximum operational readiness.
- Ability to install various types and composition of equipment in accordance with the Customer’s requirements.
- Possibility of increasing connections on a modular basis.
- Convenience of assembling and operation.
- Mobility and ease of car transportation by due to placing equipment on travelling platforms.
- Reducing the duration of commissioning works by reducing the scope of work required to install equipment at the facility.
- Reducing the size of the land parcel and the construction works scope on the site arrangement for the substation installation by reducing the substation dimensions in a mobile modular version.
- Ability of connection to cable as well as to overhead power lines.
MMS operation conditions
- MMS climatic version and placement category — Y1, XL1 by GOST 15150-69;
- ambient air temperature from -60° C to +55° C;
- type II atmosphere – industrial, environment – non-explosive, free of dust in concentrations that reduce the product parameter
- air relative humidity up to 80% at the temperature of 20ºС;
- installation altitude above sea level is no more than 1000 m;
- wind speed up to 36 m/s (wind pressure up to 80 daN) in the absence of atmospheric ice, wind speed up to 15 m/s (wind pressure up to 14 daN) with the atmospheric ice with its thickness of 20 mm;
- seismic resistance is 8 points per MSK- 64.
MMS of 20/10 kV composition includes:
- Mobile version of power oil transformer 20/10(6) kV;
- Container unit for the resistive grounding of the transformer neutral (as requested by the customer).;
- Specialized travelling platform (semitrailer).
- container storage unit;
- 20, 10(6) kV switchgear;
- auxiliary power transformer;
- operational auxiliary power supply system with a compact rechargeable battery and charging device;
- alternative current in-house cabinet;
- protection cubicle and voltage control;
- central alarm and control cabinet;
- telemetry and recording cabinet;
- metering cabinet;
- container storage unit;
- fire and security alarm;
- jumper cables;
- specialized travelling platform (semitrailer).
Technical parameters and characteristics
|Parameter name||Parameter value|
|Rated voltage, kV|
|— low||10, 6|
|Supply transformer capacity, MVA||Up to 20|
|Frequency of alternative electric current, Hz|
|Rated current of bus bars, А||630, 800, 1000, 1250, 1600, 2000, 2500, 3150|
|Rated voltage of auxiliary circuits, V|
|Switchgear 110 kV parameters:|
|– rated thermal current (1 s), кА||Up to 31.5|
|– electrodynamic withstand nominal current, кА||Up to 50|